Saturday, November 20, 2010

If I was an American Gladiator my name would be "TUNDRA"!

My favorite biome is the tundra. The tundra is characterized by extremely cold temperatures which does not allow flora to develop. The tundra has a lot of ice. Not that many animals can live in the tundra but there are large populations of the species that can actually survive there. The animals that can be found in the tundra are polar bears, snowy owl and artic foxes among others. The human activity is very limited due to the harsh weather conditions, nevertheless there have been a lot of studies, particularly regarding global warming which affects the tundra!. I like this biome because I think it is cool how some species can survive under such harsh conditions. It also reminds me of the Ice Age which I think was the coolest time period!

No comments:

Post a Comment